Are you ready for a Sinnoh adventure?
Niantic announced today that Pokémon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region are making their way to Pokémon GO soon.
In advance of the arrival, Niantic has said that they are making two key shifts to the game balance in the coming weeks. These changes are based on Trainer feedback and are designed to promote an improved overall experience. These changes will affect to Pokémon migration and behaviour.
- We are making adjustments to weather and, moving forward, it will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
- Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
- We also wanted to use this opportunity to rebalance in-game battle mechanics. You may notice some of the following changes in the coming weeks:
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between high HP Pokémon and low HP Pokémon.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be retroactively rebalanced, allowing highly defensive Pokémon to be valuable in battle by outlasting opponents rather than simply running out the clock.
- Defense values have also been slightly retroactively reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
Moving forward we can expect to see further tweaks.