Nintendo has updated Animal Crossing Pocket Camp to version 2.0.0 with a series of new additions. New features added to the game include a new cabin area which you can decorate and invite animals to visit, a new favourite photo feature which you can show off to friends, and increased inventory space for all of the items that you want to craft.
Really, the cabin is pretty much like what you would be doing in a mainline game (which is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019). It’s a nice little slice of the familiar before my time becomes consumed in my new village.
The update requires a update of the app in the app store and then another 302mb download in app. It’s pretty hefty.
Here’s a quick look at the new features!
Introducing the Cabin!
The cabin has been added to the map. This is a room that you can decorate with furniture, much like you do with the campsite.
You can even invite your favorite animals to come hang out at your cabin. You can use wallpaper and flooring to customize your room.
Note: You can use the cabin when you reach level 15.
Picture-Perfect Friend List
You can now register a photo you took within Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp as your Fave Photo in your Friend List! Furthermore, you can now give Kudos and help your friends in Shovelstrike Quarry from your Friend List
You can now:
- Register a Fave Photo to the Friend List
- Give Kudos or Help in Shovelstrike Quarry from the Friend List
- Buy Market Box items from the Player Information page
- Check how many Kudos a player has received from the My Information and Player Information pages
- You can view the My Information and Player Information pages by tapping on Details from the Friend List.
- You can only view exact numbers for the Kudos you have received.
- Only an approximation of the number of Kudos your friends have received is displayed.
- All Kudos received after 11/28/18 at 1:00 a.m. have been counted.
- Fave Photos registered to the Friend List can be changed once every 24 hours.
- You can choose whether to make your Fave Photo public or private.
The new and improved picture-perfect Friend List is available now.
- The maximum capacity for furniture and clothing items have each been increased from 2,000 to 3,000.
- The maximum capacity for Collected Items has been increased by 50.
- You can use Leaf Tickets to increase your Collected Items inventory space by a maximum of 200.
- If you have multiple special furniture items in your campsite or cabin, like K.K. Slider’s chair, up to four special animals can now visit at once, instead of just one. Two or more of the same animal cannot visit at once.
- You can now skip various animations. Animations that can be skipped will have a “Skip” check box displayed on the pop-up window. You can turn animation skipping on or off by tapping the check box.
- You can now level up amenities from the Craft menu even if they aren’t currently placed in your campsite.
- Some adjustments were made to some of the special animal dialogue that displays when special furniture is placed in your campsite or cabin.
- All lamp-type furniture placed in your campsite, camper, or cabin will turn on at the same time.
- Adjustments were also made to some of the Goals.
If you have placed the maximum amount of furniture or clothing in your cabin, you may be unable to change the wallpaper, flooring, or rug. Note: You will be able to change the wallpaper, flooring, or rug if you put away one piece of furniture or clothing.
An issue related to the on-screen display has been fixed.
As a thank you for our patience during the maintenance period for this update, everyone has been sent a gift of leaf tickets.
Leaf Ticket × 20 — Availability: From 11/27/18 at 11:00 p.m. to 12/28/18 at 12:59 a.m. Note: The gift must be collected from your mailbox during this availability period.
Wall & Floor Collection Added!
Just in time for the cabins that were added in the new update, we’re introducing the Wall & Floor Collection, which can be used to customize your wallpaper and flooring!
Check out the wallpaper and flooring with holiday and snowman patterns perfect for winter! Turn your cabin into a festive winter wonderland!
■ Wallpaper and Flooring
· Jingle wall
· snowman wall
· snowman carpet
■ Crafting Period:
From 11/28/18 at 1:00 a.m. to 2/26/19 at 12:59 a.m.
Leaf Tickets are required to craft the wallpaper and flooring included in Special Items. The wallpaper and flooring included in Special Items can only be used in the cabin or camper. They cannot be placed in the campsite.
You will be unable to craft these items after the crafting period ends. Wallpaper or flooring that you begin crafting during the crafting period can be collected after the period ends. Wallpaper or flooring from Special Items may become available again in the future.
There are also seven different kinds of regular wallpaper and flooring available. These will appear under the Regular Items header on a regular basis. You must reach a certain level to be able to craft new wallpaper and flooring. The wallpaper and flooring included in Special Items can only be used in the cabin or camper. They cannot be placed in the campsite.